Friday, May 7, 2010

Wanna see that video from our ceremony again?

So for those of you that were in attendance at our wedding, you'll probably remember a little video that we played just before I made my entrance for the ceremony?  Well, in case you missed anything (and for those of you who didn't get to attend), here's the full video to view again!  And below is some background on how it all came together. 
Part One


Part Two



The part that says "Please Rise" and then faded to black was the exact moment where I began my walk down the aisle to the remaining part of the song that plays.

The video was a long work in progress which I started back in July before the wedding.  I searched YouTube for creative wedding montages.  Ya know the ones that they play at weddings now where you see pictures of the bride and groom from childhood through the current time played along to music selections.  Well, I wanted to do that, but with a twist that would truly entertain our guests. 

I came across a film student who had made a unique montage for her own wedding and posted it on YouTube.  People had contacted her asking if she would do one for their own receptions and she informed me that it would be like $500 or $600 for an 8 minute video.  Now for those of you who have experience with me and my computer skills, I love to create montage videos as a hobby. I have made videos of my daughter's All Star Softball season, her soccer season and even edited my sister's wedding video.  So there was no way I was gonna pay that much money to basically use the same script she wrote out and modify it to fit me and John.

The only thing I needed to figure out was how to incorporate the movie star clips and how to find a voice over actor to narrate for us.  Well, by the amazing blessing of the Lord, it all fell into place.

I did a google search and spent a lot of time searching for videos of stars on YouTube and then figured out how to download the videos to my own computer.  You can do that through Mozilla Firefox internet browser. 

Then I did a google search for voiceover actors and found a web site where VO actors can post demos of their work.  I found this amazing actor who had the exact voice I wanted.  And if it sounded familiar to you, it's because he is the voice of Divorce Court and also has done tons of movie trailers, promos, and is the voice of some Fox sports shows. 

Well, he was a blessing in disguise because when I contacted him via e-mail with the script and told him I was a single mom on a budget, he graciously offered his services to me at a ridiculous discount!  And then he turned around and e-mailed me back the audio files of the narration within less than 2 or 3 days!  So many, many thanks goes out to Jimmy Hodson for all of his time and generosity and a special praise to Jesus for helping lead me to him!

And then I shared the idea with John.  At first, he thought it was dumb and didn't like how I planned to incorporate it into the ceremony.  As a matter of fact, my pastor, Lyle was really concerned (and so was my DJ, Justin from Generations Entertainment) when I shared my idea of how it would lead into the song that would play during my walk down the aisle.  But once I showed the video to my DJ's, they said it was their favorite part of the wedding.  And then after the ceremony, while we were signing the marriage license, Lyle sat in the room with us and told me "You know, I was really worried about how that video was going to work with the ceremony and how long it was going to be, but I gotta tell you - it was really great and worked so well."

Yeah, I am patting myself on the back with this one.  I loved it and stuck to my plans even when everyone else didn't get my 'vision.'

So what did you think?  Did you like it?  What was your favorite part?  And no, I do not plan on going into business to do this...it's just a fun hobby. 

No comments: